Baby Ticker

Thursday, December 18, 2008

God's blessings

There are times in my life when I am reminded of just how blessed I am. I mean, I know all the time that God takes care of me, but there are those times when I am just struck by the awe that God gave this life to me. This has happened several times lately, as I realize just how blessed I am to have been given Clay as a husband. We have always had a special relationship. Even from the beginning, we just seemed to “get” each other. There have been times in the past when he has shown me just how far he’ll go to be there for me (my colonoscopy comes to mind), but I have been amazed at the way he has taken care of things over the past few months. From the moment we decided to have a baby, he has been there 100%. I mean, I knew that he was excited about it, since he was the one who brought it up first. Still, I didn’t realize just how much he meant it when he said he would help take care of things when I was feeling bad.

During my morning sickness, he went to the store countless times just to try to find something that appealed to me. He brought home such a variety of food every time, and if nothing worked, he kept trying until he found something. He has run so many errands for me, left work to bring me lunch when I finally thought of something that sounded good, and he even started getting up early and taking Brittany and Zach to school every day.

The morning sickness is gone, but he is still helping out so much. He continues to take the kids to school every day, so that I can move more slowly in the mornings and take my time getting ready. The past few weeks, I’ve had a pain that has gotten progressively worse. It turns out the baby is on my sciatic nerve. This causes extreme pain at times, and makes it hard for me to walk until it kind of relaxes and eases up. The other night, he had already gotten into bed and I was heading that way. As I stood up from the couch, I started hurting. It hurt to the point that I couldn’t walk, but I couldn’t sit back down, either. I wasn’t sure what I was going to do. I stood there rubbing it, hoping it would ease up like it usually does, but it didn’t. I finally called for Clay, who came in to help. He helped me take baby steps all the way to bed, and then kept trying different things to make it ease up until I could finally relax and fall asleep. By this point, it was late and he had a long day coming up, but he never hesitated to do whatever it took for me to be comfortable.

Clay really has been more supportive than I ever imagined anyone could be, and I appreciate it so much. I feel truly loved and cared about, and that is such a wonderful feeling. I know without a doubt that God has blessed me with this wonderful man, and I can’t wait to see this love extend to our baby in the next few months.

No comments: