Baby Ticker

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Our first big baby purchase!

We've made our first big baby purchase! On the Monday after Thanksgiving, one of my friends (Thank you, Shannon!) pointed me in the direction of Babies R Us online, where the carseat/stroller system that I had been looking at was on sale for $100 off of the regular price. The offer was too good to pass up, and the colors work for a boy or a girl, so I bought it. It arrived a couple of nights ago, but we got home late and didn't have time to take it out of the box. So, as soon as Clay walked through the door yesterday after work, he took it out of the box and put it together. It was fun watching him do this. Several of the girls in his office have had babies over the past few years, and we have given them swings and baby gifts that had to be put together. The last one was a couple of years ago, and he said it was going to be the last time that he ever put together "one of these things." So, there he sat in the living room floor last night, instructions in one hand and a wheel for "one of these things" in the other. He did a great job and had it together fairly quickly. He then did a "test drive" up and down the hall. Two-handed, one-handed, around corners. He started to take Chloe (our Yorkie) for a ride, but then decided against that.







We are having so much fun getting ready for this baby! I know the fun is just going to continue, as we look for all kinds of baby gear in the coming months. We are going to Little Rock to Babies R Us over the Christmas holidays. I am excited about this, because I've never been inside one, and I am ready to do some shopping! Okay, and some eating while we're in Little Rock, because we can't make the trip up there without going to our favorite restaurant! That is another source of excitement for me. Food! It has been a while since I've really wanted to eat. Now that I'm feeling good again, we've been planning to go up to Little Rock and have a great dinner. I can't wait!

No comments: