Baby Ticker

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

"Do you know what you're having?"

It's so funny how there is a standard question that I seem to get from everyone, depending on the stage of pregnancy that I am in at that particular moment. At the very beginning, I seemed to get a lot of, "Congratulations! Were you trying?" Then during the next couple of weeks, "How are you feeling?" After another month or so, "Are you feeling better?" (The last two questions are always answered by Clay with an, "I'm feeling great, thanks!" haha)

So, at almost 15 weeks, the question has now become, "Do you know what you're having?" A baby! :) However, we still don't know whether that baby will be a little boy or a little girl. Going by feelings, I say it is a girl. I have felt like it was a girl since the very beginning. Clay feels like it is a girl. Brittany and Zach both say it is a girl. In fact, I've only had one person tell me that they think it is a boy.

Symptoms tell me it is a girl. Morning sickness was closer to being the way it was with Brittany, rather than the way it was with Zach. My skin is breaking out, and I now have skin that would make a teenager feel happy with their own.

I've had mixed dreams. One where I was having twin boys. Another where I had a cute little baby boy. Then one a couple of nights ago where I had a Chinese baby girl.

I also took a test called Intelligender. A blurb from their website (http://www.intelligender.com):

IntelliGender's G.P.T. is a simple in-home urine analysis similar to an in-home pregnancy test which identifies whether an expectant mom is having a boy or a girl.

First morning urine is collected in the collection cup provided in the G.P.T. kit. A measured amount is added to the test cup and the result is read within minutes. A yellow to orange color represents girl and a "smoky green" color represents boy (see examples below).

Laboratory tests have an accuracy rate of 90% (in-home results of 82%), depending on the stage of pregnancy.

The test can be performed as early as eight weeks of gestation (10 weeks of pregnancy). A simple instruction sheet is provided with the test as well as a toll free number should you have any questions.

Congratulations on your pregnancy! We hope that you will be blessed with a happy, healthy baby and you have great fun along the journey to delivery!



I took it at 10 weeks, and got an unmistakable girl result. I know that this test definitely isn't 100% accurate, but it is fun, anyway. I've done the wedding ring on a string test. Girl result there, too.

Everything really points to girl. So, it is probably a boy! We will try to find out the week of Christmas, but my actual ultrasound with my OB won't be until mid-January. So, for now, we'll keep guessing and having fun with it!

No comments: